Link to project website: www.5GENESIS.eu
Social media: 5GENESIS Twitter, 5GENESIS Facebook, 5GENESIS YouTube, 5GENESIS Linkedin
|Horizon 2020 – Call:||H2020-ICT-2017|
|Type of action:||R&I|
|Project Title:||5GENESIS: 5th Generation End-to-end Network, Experimentation, System Integration, and Showcasing|
|Overall Budget:||€ 15 796 863,51|
|Grant agreement ID:||815178|
The “Genesis of 5G” has entered the crucial phase of experimentation, and currently faces the challenge to validate the 5G network KPIs and verify the 5G technologies with an end-to-end approach. Towards this objective, a key challenge is to integrate all the highly diverse results and technologies from EU, global as well as internal (corporate) R&D projects, to “glue together” the 5G picture and unveil the potential of a truly full-stack, end-to-end 5G platform, able to meet the defined KPI targets.
In this context, the main goal of 5GENESIS will be to validate 5G KPIs for various 5G use cases, in both controlled set-ups and large-scale events. This will be achieved by bringing together results from a considerable number of EU projects as well as the partners’ internal R&D activities in order to realise an integrated End-to-end 5G Facility.
The 5GENESIS Facility, as a whole, will:
- Implement and verify all evolutions of the 5G standard, via an iterative integration and testing procedure;
- Engage a wide diversity of technologies and chain innovations that span over all domains, achieving full-stack coverage of the 5G landscape;
- Unify heterogeneous physical and virtual network elements under a common coordination and openness framework exposed to experimenters from the vertical industries and enabling end-to-end slicing and experiment automation; and
- Support further experimentation projects, in particular those focused on vertical markets.
The five platforms of the 5GENESIS Facility, and their main features/orientation, are:
- The Athens Platform. An edge-computing-enabled shared radio infrastructure (gNBs and small cells), with different ranges and overlapping coverage that are supported by an SDN/NFV enabled core, to showcase secure content delivery and low latency applications in large public-events.
- The Málaga Platform. Automated orchestration and management of different network slices over multiple domains, on top of the 5G NR and fully virtualised core network to showcase mission critical services in the lab and in outdoor deployments.
- The Limassol Platform. Radio interfaces of different characteristics and capabilities, combining terrestrial and satellite communications, integrated to showcase service continuity and ubiquitous access in underserved areas.
- The Surrey Platform. Multiple radio access technologies that can support massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC), including 5G NR and NB-IoT, combined under a flexible Radio Resource Management (RRM) and spectrum sharing platform to showcase massive IoT services.
- The Berlin platform: Ultra dense areas covered by various network deployments, ranging from indoor nodes to nomadic outdoor clusters, coordinated via advanced backhauling technologies to showcase immersive service provisioning.
|NATIONAL CENTER FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH “DEMOKRITOS”||Greece|
|TELEFONICA INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO SA||Spain|
|Airbus DS SLC||France|
|ATOS SPAIN SA||Spain|
|AVANTI HYLAS 2 CYPRUS LIMITED||Cyprus|
|AYUNTAMIENTO DE MALAGA||Spain|
|COSMOTE KINITES TILEPIKOINONIES AE||Greece|
|Fogus Innovations & Services P.C.||Greece|
|FON TECHNOLOGY SL||UK|
|FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V.||Germany|
|IHP GMBH – INNOVATIONS FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE MICROELECTRONICS/LEIBNIZ-INSTITUT FUER INNOVATIVE MIKROELEKTRONIK||Germany|
|INSTITUTO DE TELECOMUNICACOES||Portugal|
|INTEL DEUTSCHLAND GMBH||Germany|
|L.M. ERICSSON LIMITED||Ireland|
|MARAN (UK) LIMITED||UK|
|MUNICIPALITY OF EGALEO||Greece|
|NEMERGENT SOLUTIONS S.L.||Spain|
|RUNEL NGMT LTD||Israel|
|SIMULA RESEARCH LABORATORY AS||Norway|
|SPACE HELLAS (CYPRUS) LTD||Cyprus|
|UNIVERSIDAD DE MALAGA||Spain|
|UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE VALENCIA||Spain|
|UNIVERSITY OF SURREY||UK|